Here are some ideas to sweeten the smell of your home without harmful chemicals.
1. Place a small sprinkling of ground cinnamon or ground clove on a foil and place on a stove and turn on the heat to the very lowest setting possible.
2. Mix small amounts of lemon juice or vinegar and baking soda together and place in small cups or bowls around the home.
3. To eliminate cooking odours simmer 1 tablespoon vinegar with one cup of water in a small pan.
4. Simmer your favourite spices, lemon or orange rinds in a small pan of water on the stove.
5. In a spray bottle, add several drops of your favourite essential oil to water. Shake to mix and haze the air.
6. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to a camphor tablets and place around the home.
7. Place a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil on a lamp. Be sure to only do this on turned off one and is cool! Once you turn on the light your lamp will fill the air with fragrance.
8. Place a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil inside your cardboard toilet paper roll and the scent will be released every time someone removes toilet paper.
9. Mix an entire bottle of 91% alcohol and one bottle of essential oil (like you use in fragrance rings), shake well, and voila. I tried it, it seems to be the same as you buy already prepared. Just make sure you shake the products every time you use.